In this podcast we talked about some really cool products/inventions that promote sustainability. We are not in any way sponsored by or affiliated with any of these companies. These products are just some things that we’ve seen around the internet that caught our attention and that we believe deserve yours. Enjoy!
Here are the links to the products discussed in this podcast:
- The Drumi: http://www.yirego.com/product
- Pineapple leather: http://www.ananas-anam.com/pinatex/
- Zero electricity air conditioner: http://iflscience.com/environment/these-diy-ecofriendly-air-conditioners-are-cooling-down-bangladesh/
- Clean up the ocean: https://www.facebook.com/greenmattersmedia/videos/10155024603076538/
- Edible drone that delivers humanitarian aid: http://www.windhorse.aero/
- Machine pulls drinking water out of the air: http://water-gen.com/products/
- SALt Lamp: http://www.salt.ph/
- Sprout Pencil: http://mymodernmet.com/sprout-pencil/
It was about time Environment Now got a facelift… We have new members, a new name and a new look. Welcome to The Incredible Sustainable Planet (ISP) where you can learn about everything Earth-related, from tiny insects to whole ocean systems. Our primary interest is sustainable management on the planet at several scales, but we also like to have fun and branch out with our blog posts, so be prepared for a variety of topics. We will also be introducing a photo of the week segment as well as monthly podcasts that will also be live streamed on Instagram.
Let me introduce the ISP team:
Editor in Chief, Primary Blog writer
I’m a Master’s student at the University of Waterloo, studying social and ecological sustainability and a member of the ECGG research group. I believe that human development has drastically altered the environment and that people are drastically affected by the changing environment, but I also believe that people have the power and ability to develop in favor of the planet rather than working against it. I want to be part of the movement toward a sustainably developing planet, bringing synchronicity to economic resilience, social well-being and the environmental integrity.
Communications Coordinator, Multimedia Director, Outreach
I’m doing my Bachelor’s at Concordia University in Montreal, studying Communications. I have a passion for the environment and I believe that every action we do and every measure we take has an impact in one way or another. The future of our planet depends on everybody doing their part and even the smallest actions count.